Gemsbok/Oryx Hunting Season: Gemsbok are an excellent exotic species to hunt year round!
Weight: 400-660 pounds
Horn Size: 32-41 inches
The Gemsbok antelope is a large and aggressive antelope that is capable of fighting off lions! This beautiful exotic can be yours, but with a choice between harvesting a cow or a bull. The cows have longer, skinnier horns; whereas, the bulls have shorter, thicker horns. They both are desired among hunters; and if you ask us, we will recommend harvesting both!
You may hunt our trophy Gemsbok using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind.
Gemsbok Hunting Trophy Fee: $11,000
- Field Dressing Included
- 100% Opportunity Guarantee
- Transportation of your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
- Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
- Access to the Ranch’s Air Strip
Gemsbok Hunting All-Inclusive rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $1,250
Weekend Hunting Package $1,500
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $400/night
Our All-Inclusive Gemsbok Hunting Package Includes all of the Above as well as the Following…
- 3 days and 2 Nights of Lodging (additional nights $625 weekday / $750 weekend)
- Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
- All-Inclusive Beverages
- Experienced Hunting Guide
Interesting Gemsbok Hunting Information:
- Gemsbok horns were sold as unicorn horns in the medieval period of England.
- They have adapted to survive on little to no water and can self-regulate their temperature.
- Female Gemsboks have longer horns than their male counterparts.
- Gemsboks can interbreed with Addax antelope.
- They are one of the only species in which female trophies are often more desired than male.
Gemsbok Antelope Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Gemsbok Hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.