Mule Deer Hunting Season: Mule deer's defining characteristic are their large ears like those of a mule, which are about three-fourths the length of the head. They have a distinctive black forehead, or mask, that contrasts with a light gray face. In the summer, mule deer are tannish-brown and in the winter are brownish-gray in color.
Sep. 29 – Feb 28th. (archery and rifle)
Origin: North America
Antler Size: 8-14 points
Weight: 100-250 pounds
Estimated World Population: 30,000,000+
Mule deer are native to Texas, and there is no better place to hunt them than at Covered S Ranch!
You may hunt our trophy Mule deer using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind.
Mule Deer Hunting Fees:
- Field Dressing Included
- 100% Opportunity Guarantee
- Transportation of your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
- Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
- Access to the Ranch’s Air Strip
Mule Deer Hunting All-Inclusive rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $1,250
Weekend Hunting Package $1,500
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $400/night
Our All-Inclusive Mule Hunting Package Includes all of the Above as well as the Following…
- 3 days and 2 Nights of Lodging (additional nights $625 weekday / $750 weekend)
- Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
- All-Inclusive Beverages
- Experienced Hunting Guide
Interesting Mule Deer Hunting Information:
- 1 in 10,000 mule doesn’t have antlers!
- These deer are fast! They are known to run at over 45 miles per hour!
- Mule deer are the smallest of North American deer and the most abundant, with a population of over 30 million.
- In the early 1900’s, there were only about 500,000 mule deer in North America.
- When threatened, mule deer will chirp and wave their tails frantically!